Monday, August 24, 2009

coincidentally enough...



No sooner did I write a post about movies in development based on video games than it's announced that Gore Verbinski's being replaced as director of BioShock by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, who's probably best known stateside for the pretty-good 28 Weeks Later. I'm sort of intrigued by this, mainly because Fresnadillo's 2001 Spanish movie Intacto is a very, very good film. I doubt he'll be getting anywhere near the budget that Verbinski would have planned, which may be a problem because lavish set design would be an absolute must for a BioShock film. I suppose that's more a matter of how smartly the money's spent than how much of it there is, though. Anyhow, this could be a sign that BioShock is more likely to get made than I originally thought (and may actually be halfway decent!)

No comments:

Post a Comment