Saturday, February 6, 2010

True Tales Of Survival, Part V




Note the picture of my dinner remainents above. Yes, that's a Hot Pockets sleeve.

As much as I hate to be turning into one of "those people," I have to remark on just how useful my iPhone has been on this trip. I used it as a GPS to find my way around to my interview, to search for hotels once this delay hit, to respond to emails from a couple people that I'd been corresponding with, to post these blog updates to stave off boredom, to take pictures to supplement them, and to surf the Internet. That's on top of using it as a phone. It's been really useful.

There is once again jackshit to watch on TV so I'm watching an episode of NCIS on USA. I guess this is the most popular show on TV now, so I probably shouldn't be surprised that it's the goofiest shit ever. It's another one of those shows where the cops spend half their time fucking around on computers trading wisecracks and then go out on raids pointing guns around as if any law enforcement job consists of doing both of those things. I remember seeing series star Mark Harmon playing Ted Bundy in a made for TV movie that I watched as part of a dubiously educational course on serial killers I took in college. I guess this is a step up from that in terms of recognition and paycheck, but man, it's impossible to overstate just how retarded this show is. I think there's a marathon on this evening but I can't take more than one hour of this so I may switch to CNN to watch the Tea Party convention, which seems like sort of an apropos thing to do on a weekend like this.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment